- Provide leadership for firmware related projects and manage large scale outsourced firmware development projects.
- Learn and become subject matter expert of microelectronic product portfolio(s).
- Establish firmware architecture requirements.
- Write detailed microelectronic control design specifications.
- Write detailed microelectronic control test specifications for contract control manufacturers.
- Validate microelectronic control functional test equipment produced by contract control manufacturers against microelectronic control test specifications.
- Maintain microelectronic product model configuration information.
- Actively engage in cross functional activities a part of product development; team meetings, project/product feature definition sessions, pilot builds, pilot build test instructions, reviews of microelectronic control user manuals, etc. firmware issues relating to microelectronic control operation and drive root cause analysis and resolution.
- Perform some amount of firmware development and testing on simulators and products in a lab environment.
- Identify opportunities for quality and cost improvements.
- Provide support to production, as needed.
- Manage vendor access to licensed developer applications and development tools/equipment.
- Project management experience is highly desirable.
- Firmware development experience with coding in C; experience with coding in lua and UI designer applications, e.g. Storyboard, is a plus.